HOW TO OBTAIN AN IOA ORGANIC LICENCE:
- Contact IOA on 0906-433680 to get an information pack and details of the fee required to obtain an IOA organic licence for your farm/enterprise. The information pack will contain information about organic food and farming and the forms you will need to apply for an IOA organic licence.
- The Organic Food and Farming Standards in Ireland will be sent to you from the IOA office and these detail the rules and regulations for organic food and farming. They can also be downloaded here.
- Complete the appropriate IOA organic licence application form (Click Farmers or Processors Application form below) and the Department of Agriculture Food & Marine ORG1 form which will be included with your information pack.
- Submit your application (for farm applications this may also include a conversion plan, soil analysis, maps, housing plan) and your completed ORG1 form, along with the appropriate fee to IOA. Fees are variable depending on the size of the farm or scale of the enterprise.
- On receipt your application will be reviewed. Provided all relevant information and fees have been received a letter will be issued to you detailing your IOA client licence number, conversion start date (where applicable) and products covered by your IOA organic licence.
- You will then be contacted by one of our Inspectors to arrange time and date of your initial organic inspection – the inspection will usually take place within 3 weeks of the application being received.
- Following your inspection a report will be issued by the inspector and returned to IOA.
- The report is then reviewed by our Certification Panel who make the decision and if everything is in order a licence will be issued to you.
ORGANIC FARMING SCHEME.
The Organic Farming Scheme (OFS) is currently closed to all new entrants. The OFS is a voluntary scheme administered by the Organic Unit of the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine. The latest tranche of the OFS opened on March 1st 2021 and closed on April 30th, 2021.
Please note that you can convert your farm or business to organic at any stage, just talk to us to find out more details.
Relevant information Department of Food and the Marine