National Organic Conference 5th and 6th of NovemberIOA Webmaster
Addressing the Needs of the Market & CAP Reform
The National Organic Training Skillnet working in conjunction with Teagasc, Bord Bia and the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine are hosting a two day National Organic Conference, in the Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore, Co. Offaly on the 5th & 6th of November 2013.
Tuesday 5th Nov
- · Official Opening by Minister of State Tom Hayes
- · Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) the future implications for organic farming.Chairman: Frank Macken (DAFM) Panel:Dr.KevinHanrahan(Teagasc), Prof. Nic Lampkin (Organic Research Centre) Bernie Brennan (DAFM) & John Brennan (Leitrim Organic Farmers Co-op).
- · Organic Production Census; Dan Clavin (Teagasc)
- · The Organic Market, what are the opportunities? Bord Bia, IPSOS, MRBI, KANTAR.
- · How France increased their organic market share; Anais Riffiod, Bio Agence France
- · Discussion Forums on Beef, Sheep, Horticulture & Dairying, featuring main processors and market leaders.
Wednesday 6th Nov
- · Opening address Marian Harkin, MEP; European Agricultural Policy
- · Workshops on conversion to organic’s , soil management, livestock & grassland management, cereals workshops,
- · Horticulture workshops on pest control with specialist international speakers, field scale horticulture & agro forestry.
- · Marketing & branding workshops, social media, finance and funding workshops
In addition to workshops there will be 40 trade stands offering advice and showcasing their products.
Booking information: € 30 for 1 day or €50 for 2 days, price includes an organic lunch and refreshments. Overnight package; €140.00, which includes entrance to the conference on both days, organic lunch and refreshments, organic evening meal and B&B on the night of the 5th of November, 2013.