Glenisk Savoury Pancakes
This week we are using a recipe from Glenisk who are registered with IOFGA. This recipe is a classic favourite, and great for weekends especially in this cold late spring weather!
200g of self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 handful of chopped chives
300ml Glenisk milk
25g butter, melted & cooled, plus a knob extra
2 tbsp olive oil
Organic smoked Salmon
Lime and Glenisk Crème Fraiche
1) Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
2) Sieve the baking powder on top.
3) Finely chop the chives and add into a large bowl with the flour.
4) In a mixing jug/bowl, break in the egg & then whisk in the milk.
5) Melt the butter in a saucepan and allow to cool before adding to the milk and egg.
6) Whisk the milk into the flour until you have a thick batter.
7) Put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
8) Heat olive oil on a large frying pan.
9) Cook a tablespoon of pancake batter for 5 minutes on either side to make small pancakes.
10) Serve with smoked salmon and lime crème fraiche